Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe makes quite a bit of sauce so I always have left overs for another week. Delicious and not too hard. You would do best to use a sweet vinegar I usually use balsamic just because it is what we usually have on hand but rice vinegar is sweeter and lighter. I usually serve a medley of baked potatoes and carrots, and also fresh rolls as sides. I hope you enjoy!
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat and add onion and garlic until onion becomes slightly brown and translucent (about 4 min.).
- Add next 7 ingredients; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes so that the sauce can thicken.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse and dry chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken. About 2-3 cups of it, or however much you prefer.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes then take off the cover for the next 60 minutes or until it is done.
These were ace, mate! At first I thought it to be too sweet with the molasses and golden honey but when I let the dish rest for a few minutes, the flavors seem to have balanced out well. The chicken's tender and indeed, there was alot of sauce. We had an extra cup left. I'll just half it next time.Thanks for a very enjoyable dish! Made for ZWT5 Aus/NZ for Zaar Chow Hounds.