Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
A light flavor makes this punch perfect for weddings, showers, or any special occasion. Adapted from a popular cooking and recipe magazines newsletter.
Top Review by Sharlene~W
My teenagers say we should always have some of this in the freezer! No need to make a large quantity up at a time either--we just scooped a couple of scoops into a glass and mixed with Fresca for a great on-demand refresher. It never freezes totally solid, so it is easy to scoop out an appropriate amount. Don't wait for a special occasion! (It is plenty sweet, so you might be able to cut back on the sugar a bit. I will try that next time).
- 2 cups frozen orange juice concentrate
- 5 bananas, ripe and cut into chunks
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemonade mix, sugar sweetened soft drink mix
- 4 liters carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, add bananas and orange juice concentrate. Put a cover on the blender and process until smooth.
- Into a large bowl pour the mixture and add pineapple juice, water, honey, sugar, and the soft drink mix. Stir well until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this into two 2 quart freezer containers and cover. Freeze until a slushy texture is obtained.
- To serve: Using 2 large pitchers transfer each container of fruit slush to pitchers. Slowly add 2 liters of soda to each pitcher and stir to blend.