Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A banana nut bread using honey instead of sugar, part ww flour, oats and wheat germ. Delish!
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup butter, - softened
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (or more depending on preference)
- Mix all wet ingredients together until well combined. Stir in dry. Grease the bottoms but not sides of 2 loaf pans. Pour. Bake on 350 for one hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Pretty good, but I made the mistake of using a dark, strong flavored honey, which overpowered the banana. You should use a light honey, such as clover or orange blossom.
This recipe is delicious!! It is super easy to make and yummy without the sugar! Definitely a keeper!