Top Review by merandmalmom
These muffins were very tasty! They are especially moist. I used muffin liners which I think was a big mistake. I used 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. They had a nice spice flavor to them. Thanks!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (1 or 2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Combine eggs, banana, applesauce and honey.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack.