Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (1 or 2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Combine eggs, banana, applesauce and honey.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack.
These muffins were very tasty! They are especially moist. I used muffin liners which I think was a big mistake. I used 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. They had a nice spice flavor to them. Thanks!
I loved these! I added 3 chocolate chips per muffin. I wasn't a big fan of the nutmeg flavor, I'll be using cinnamon next time. I also sprinkled with a little powdered sugar before serving. Thanks for the great low far recipe!
Since I was diagnosed with diabetes, I have been unable to find a banana muffin that even came close to the high fat, high calorie muffins that I love. These muffins came really close! I used the whole tsp of nutmeg, and might next time only use 1/2, or leave it out entirely. All in all, a delicious and easy recipe. I liked them even better for breakfast the second day. Thanks for such a great recipe!