Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Honey instead of sugar sweetens this homemade banana bread. The best type of bananas to use are the very, very ripe ones--once the peels start to turn black
Top Review by jlhoover123
Great recipe. Tastes very similar to regular banana bread. I didn't do any nuts because my son's allergic to nuts, but I bet the nuts would have made it that much better. I added cinnamon and nutmeg. I would have given this recipe 5 stars had it had the spices. Otherwise, fantastic recipe!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter at medium speed with mixer in a large mixing bowl; add honey, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, add the banana and mix well.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; stir in pecans. Add to the butter mixture, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased and floured 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.