Recipe by Meghan at Food.com
The husband loved this for breakfast, and I thought it was a great after-dinner snack. A couple of times I even topped it with a little light whipped cream. I know, there goes the health factor, but it was good! Inspired by bread & honey: http://bread-and-honey.blogspot.com/2008/08/banana-bread-low-fat-and-vegan-shh.html
- cooking spray (to oil the pan and the measuring utensils used for the honey and molasses)
- 3 small bananas, very ripe
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mash the bananas, whisk in the applesauce, oil, sugar, honey and molasses until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flours, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Spread the bread mixture evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.