Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love portabello mushrooms and wanted to make a simple but elegant sauce to pair with my Parmesan-Pesto Crusted Flounder and came up with this. Of course the boy-child loved the fish but snubbed the sauce (ah-well he's got no taste)
- 3 portabella mushrooms, large, cut in fourths and sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced finely
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves stripped from stem and bruised lightly
- Saute garlic and shallot in 1 Tbs. of oil until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, vinegar, butter and honey. Cover and cook over medium heat until almost done and add rosemary leaves and cook for another minute or two.
- Can be served over Pamesan-Pesto Crusted Flounder or as a side dish.