Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
The confit can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
Make and share this Honey/balsamic Glazed Stuffed Duck Breast With Cherry Confit recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried tart cherries, unsweetened
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 duck breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups long grain brown rice, not instant
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh marjoram, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups stock (I used duck but chicken would do)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- Preparing the confit:.
- Soak cherries in vinegars for 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Saute shallots and onions for 10 minutes until soft.
- Sprinkle with sugar, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cherries and vinegar mixture to skillet and cook 20-25 minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Preparing the stuffing:.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter and saute onions and celery until celery is soft.
- Add rice and saute until lightly browned.
- Add herbs and nuts and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover tightly.
- Simmer until rice is tender (40-50 minutes).
- Using a meat mallet or heavy rolling pin, beat the duck breasts between layers of wax paper until flat.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place breasts skin down on two pieces of cotton string and spread 1/4 of the rice stuffing on the meat.
- Roll up tightly as possible and tie securely with string.
- Bake at 375 degrees until rolls reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
- Preparing glaze:.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Use a basting brush to coat the breast rolls and bake 5 minutes.
- To serve, let rolls rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove string, slice and top with confit.