1 hr 30 mins
Cathleen Colbert's Note:
The confit can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups dried tart cherries, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups long grain brown rice, not instant
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh marjoram, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups stock (I used duck but chicken would do)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1Preparing the confit:.
- 2Soak cherries in vinegars for 30 minutes.
- 3In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- 4Saute shallots and onions for 10 minutes until soft.
- 5Sprinkle with sugar, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add cherries and vinegar mixture to skillet and cook 20-25 minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Preparing the stuffing:.
- 9In a heavy saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter and saute onions and celery until celery is soft.
- 10Add rice and saute until lightly browned.
- 11Add herbs and nuts and stock and bring to a boil.
- 12Reduce heat and cover tightly.
- 13Simmer until rice is tender (40-50 minutes).
- 14Using a meat mallet or heavy rolling pin, beat the duck breasts between layers of wax paper until flat.
- 15Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- 16Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 17Place breasts skin down on two pieces of cotton string and spread 1/4 of the rice stuffing on the meat.
- 18Roll up tightly as possible and tie securely with string.
- 19Bake at 375 degrees until rolls reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
- 20Preparing glaze:.
- 21Combine balsamic vinegar and honey.
- 22Use a basting brush to coat the breast rolls and bake 5 minutes.
- 23To serve, let rolls rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 24Remove string, slice and top with confit.
Browse Our Top Duck Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Duck Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey/balsamic Glazed Stuffed Duck Breast With Cherry Confit
Serving Size: 1 (720 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1627.5
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 402.6 mg
- Sodium 795.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 187.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 94.8 g
- Protein 73.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar