Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a super simple recipe that tastes like it came from a 5-star restaurant. Add some grilled asparagus and you've got a gourmet meal that a beginner can make.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (infused with garlic)
- 2 tablespoons herbes de provence
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Get the glaze started --
- * 1 cup quality balsamic vinegar.
- * 1 T quality honey.
- * 2 T butter.
- Simmer balsamic vinegar until it has reduced by 2/3rds. Add honey, stir until thoroughly mixed. Then add butter, 1 T at a time, and mix until dissolved and velvety before adding the next tablespoon of butter.
- While you are making the sauce. Grill the chicken and asparagus . I use a cast iron grill on my stove top. Could definitely use your outdoor grill too.
- Spray chicken with a garlic olive oil and top with a sprinkle of Herbs de Provence on each piece. Grill until cooked thoroughly.
- Grill the asparagus. Also spray with the garlic olive oil and sprinkle with Herbs de Provence. I also added a tiny bit of salt and pepper to both the chicken and the asparagus. This doesn't take long -- about 4-5 minutes.
- To plate the dish --
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of sauce on the plate. Top with chicken and asparagus. Drizzle the top the dish with extra sauce. Add cracked pepper.
- Serves 4.
Loved how sweet it ends up after you cook the sauce down! A big hit with my husband and I now that we are eating a little healthier.
Love the sauce!
This is really delicious! I was a little put off by the odor of the balsamic vinegar reducing, but got over it once I tasted this dish. The sweetness of the reduction combined with the herbiness of the chicken was amazing. I didn't have herbs de provence, but did have everything to make it on hand except the lavender. Made for PAC Spring 2009. Thanks for posting. Update (Jun 2009) I can't stop thinking about this dish (which I made in March), so it must have merited the whole five stars!