Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my step-daughter's favorite recipe, and it always disappears. It's very simple and tastes great around the campfire. Cooking time does not include marinating. This recipe can be customized with dried or fresh herbs.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- ranch dressing, for dipping (optional)
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 or 4 long strips.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Place chicken in ziploc bag(s) and add marinade. Marinate for at least one hour. (For camping, prepare up to this step at home and toss in the freezer.).
- Thread chicken onto bamboo skewers.
- Grill over medium to hot coals or fire until juices run clear.
This was amazing! I prepped this before hand and we took it camping and grilled it in a foil packet. I made a double batch of the sauce and put half of it in another foil packet with mushrooms, carrot strips, pineapple, and red peppers. Grilled both for about 20 minutes, combined them in a foil pan and served it over brown rice. the whole group LOVED IT! Thanks for the recipe! Definitely a keeper!
I used only a quick shake of crushed red pepper flakes. I marinaded the chicken overnight and then cooked it on my stove top grill pan. It was very good.
Made ahead of time and froze, then marinated as it defrosted. Flavorful but way to spicy for the kids, would definitely cut down the red pepper flakes next time. Thanks for sharing!