Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a flavorful recipe, makes a pretty presentation, and with a side-dish of rice, makes an entire meal. Quick to throw together, too.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored,seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, prepared as above
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushroom, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (preferably imported Italian)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- additional salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large shallow pan, mix all ingredients EXCEPT chicken, pepper, and honey.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the mixture, getting them coated with the liquid.
- Nestle the breasts in the vegetable mixture, but do not completely bury them.
- Salt and pepper them, then drizzle them with the honey.
- Bake until the chicken is well browned and cooked through, about 50 to 60 minutes.
Loved this, and it's so simple to make!! I added sliced onion and garlic for extra flavour and doubled all the other ingredients apart from the chicken for extra sauce. I then served it with rice. So far it's been a big hit for everyone I've cooked it for!
Excellent and Easy! I used organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained, and it was perfect! Thank you for the recipe! (PS- Did you notice that it's gluten-free? I made it for some friends who are on a gluten-free diet... they loved it!)
dh looooved this! quote: i don't want to stop eating! i used turkey breast, substituted real tomatoes for the canned, and added another red pepper. i didn't measure the honey, so i'm pretty sure i used more than called for. will definitely make this one again! thank you so much!