This is a flavorful recipe, makes a pretty presentation, and with a side-dish of rice, makes an entire meal. Quick to throw together, too.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored,seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, prepared as above
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushroom, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (preferably imported Italian)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- additional salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large shallow pan, mix all ingredients EXCEPT chicken, pepper, and honey.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the mixture, getting them coated with the liquid.
- Nestle the breasts in the vegetable mixture, but do not completely bury them.
- Salt and pepper them, then drizzle them with the honey.
- Bake until the chicken is well browned and cooked through, about 50 to 60 minutes.
It sounded good. Smelled good but I just didn't care for the combimnation of flavors. Sorry :-(
My favorite chicken recipe and the only one my wife will eat! I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, add tomato sauce, and use canned whole tomatoes that I cut in half rather than diced. The diced seem to have less flavor, texture and taste. I also add some white cooking wine during the last 10 mins of baking.
Um... It sounded wonderful, but the taste... sorry, no.