Recipe by FlemishMinx
This is a flavorful recipe, makes a pretty presentation, and with a side-dish of rice, makes an entire meal. Quick to throw together, too.
Top Review by MAUREEN D.
Absolutely delicious! Didn't have mushrooms in the house so I used 2 onions and extra peppers....Fresh frozen last summer...Frozen boneless skinless breasts and 4 fresh tomatoes chopped. Also added some garlic..It's a keeper..You gotta try it!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored,seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, prepared as above
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushroom, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (preferably imported Italian)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- additional salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large shallow pan, mix all ingredients EXCEPT chicken, pepper, and honey.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the mixture, getting them coated with the liquid.
- Nestle the breasts in the vegetable mixture, but do not completely bury them.
- Salt and pepper them, then drizzle them with the honey.
- Bake until the chicken is well browned and cooked through, about 50 to 60 minutes.