Recipe by Lucky.Wife
From a local magazine called Kentucky Living, it is a monthly magazine from our local co-op.
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 5 -6 ripe tomatoes
- fresh parsley leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on a baking dish and toss with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake stirring often until golden brown and crunchy, about 20 minutes. Warm the honey over low heat in small pan and add nutmeg.
- Cut tops off tomatoes and set them in a square cake pan. Drizzle 1/2 the honey over tomatoes and gently mound breadcrumbs on each one.
- Bake 15-20 minutes basting frequently with honey mix. Garnish with parsley.