1/1 Photo of Honey-Baked Red Onions
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This dish is delicious served hot or at room temperature! MMMM-MMMM Love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large red onions, peeled and cut in half crosswise (you may use other mild tasting onion such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla, about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Heat the oven to 350*.
- 2Arrange the onions, cut sides down, in one layer in an ungreased baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle with the water, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, make the glaze.
- 5In a medium size bowl, mix the honey, butter, paprika, coriander, salt, and red pepper until well blended.
- 6Turn the onions cut sides up.
- 7Spoon half the glaze over them.
- 8Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 9Baste with the remaining glaze and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more, or till the onions are tender when pierced.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Baked Red Onions
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 238.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g