Cook1 hr 5 mins
This dish is delicious served hot or at room temperature! MMMM-MMMM Love it!
Make and share this Honey-Baked Red Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large red onions, peeled and cut in half crosswise (you may use other mild tasting onion such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla, about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika (preferably sweet Hungarian)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350*.
- Arrange the onions, cut sides down, in one layer in an ungreased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the water, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the honey, butter, paprika, coriander, salt, and red pepper until well blended.
- Turn the onions cut sides up.
- Spoon half the glaze over them.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Baste with the remaining glaze and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more, or till the onions are tender when pierced.