Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Honey Baked Hams are basted in fruit juices and then glazed with a mixture of brown sugar and honey. Here is a copy cat recipe from Family Circle Magazine. Have to say, I love Honey Baked Hams. Makes 1 7 lb. ham.
- 0.5 (7 lb) spiral cut smoked ham (about 7 lbs. fully cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup pear juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place ham, cut end down, in a large baking pan.
- Mix pear nectar and orange juice in a bowl.
- Bake ham for 15 minutes per pound basting frequently with juices.
- Mix brown sugar and honey together in a small bowl.
- Brush mixture over ham and bake for another hour or until internal temperature reads 140°F.
- Honey Baked Ham corporation uses a butane torch to caramelize the glaze to a crust.
- The ham is placed on top of a huge metal drum covered with foil and caramelized.
Dawn, This is an awesome and easy recipe for honey baked ham! The fruit juices were great for basting (Although I continually basted with just the fruit juices for a 1/2 hour, then put on the honey/brownsugar glaze and continued to baste every 15 minutes until my meat thermometer reached 140. (it ended up cooking for about 2 hours in the end). the ham was very flavourful, and the basting really cut a lot of the saltiness of ham. Thanks! This recipe is a keeper!
Dang Baby!! EVERYONE loved the ham!! So miost and yummy!! You can get pear juice where the baby food is. I loved this recipe. The only bad thing is now I am in charge of always making the ham now!!!
We just had one of the best Easter meals I've ever made thanks to this recipe. My family LOVED the ham, and it was so simple. I didn't carmalize the ham, but it was awesome just the same. Thank you!