Recipe by Dawn
Honey Baked Hams are basted in fruit juices and then glazed with a mixture of brown sugar and honey. Here is a copy cat recipe from Family Circle Magazine. Have to say, I love Honey Baked Hams. Makes 1 7 lb. ham.
Top Review by MapleLeafLili Hill
Dawn, This is an awesome and easy recipe for honey baked ham! The fruit juices were great for basting (Although I continually basted with just the fruit juices for a 1/2 hour, then put on the honey/brownsugar glaze and continued to baste every 15 minutes until my meat thermometer reached 140. (it ended up cooking for about 2 hours in the end). the ham was very flavourful, and the basting really cut a lot of the saltiness of ham. Thanks! This recipe is a keeper!
- 0.5 (7 lb) spiral cut smoked ham (about 7 lbs. fully cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup pear juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place ham, cut end down, in a large baking pan.
- Mix pear nectar and orange juice in a bowl.
- Bake ham for 15 minutes per pound basting frequently with juices.
- Mix brown sugar and honey together in a small bowl.
- Brush mixture over ham and bake for another hour or until internal temperature reads 140°F.
- Honey Baked Ham corporation uses a butane torch to caramelize the glaze to a crust.
- The ham is placed on top of a huge metal drum covered with foil and caramelized.