Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Why pay high prices for this sweet and juicy ham, when you have the ingredients in your own kitchen?? Doing it yourself takes only a few extra minutes to prepare, and tastes so much better! The butteriness of Fireweed Honey goes well with the saltiness of the ham. For a more wild taste, try Cranberry Honey, Blackcap Honey, or Blackberry Honey.
- 5 -10 lbs ham (pre-cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons water (or cooking wine, or apple juice)
- Stick cloves evenly around ham cook for 20 minutes/pound at 350 degrees (or as directed on the package).
- Mix honey with prepared mustard, water, or wine or juice.
- Every 15 minutes, baste with honey sauce.
- Cool for 15 minutes before eating.