Sarah Chana's Note:
Born of necessity (no time, lots of guests...help!!), this quickly became a family favorite. It is almost silky in texture, and holds up well. Dress it up with horseradish or horseradish and mayo, or an assortment of salads... the possibilities are endless. An excellent make-ahead for a busy holiday week
My Private Note
- 1Defrost gefilte fish loaf (partially defrosted is ok if you are pressed for time).
- 2Dump it unceremoniously in a 9" round pan (or equivalent).
- 3Add honey to taste (start with about 1/4 cup if you like your fish sweet; less if you don't), and sprinkle with white pepper (again, more if you like the thrill of the heat, less if you don't).
- 4Smoosh some more, and smooth out the top.
- 5Sprinkle with paprika for color.
- 6Bake at 325F (give or take) for about 40 minutes.
- 7Will be firm but not dry when it is done.
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Baked Gefilte Fish
Serving Size: 1 (5 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: