Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Born of necessity (no time, lots of guests...help!!), this quickly became a family favorite. It is almost silky in texture, and holds up well. Dress it up with horseradish or horseradish and mayo, or an assortment of salads... the possibilities are endless. An excellent make-ahead for a busy holiday week
- Defrost gefilte fish loaf (partially defrosted is ok if you are pressed for time).
- Dump it unceremoniously in a 9" round pan (or equivalent).
- Add honey to taste (start with about 1/4 cup if you like your fish sweet; less if you don't), and sprinkle with white pepper (again, more if you like the thrill of the heat, less if you don't).
- Smoosh some more, and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle with paprika for color.
- Bake at 325F (give or take) for about 40 minutes.
- Will be firm but not dry when it is done.