1/1 Photo of Honey-Baked Chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, skined
- 3/4 cup yellow squash, Shredded
- 3/4 cup zucchini, Shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, Finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups toasted sesame, wholewheat breadcrum
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup pecans, Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1Discard giblets and neck of chicken (or save for stock.) Rinse chicken under cold, running water, and pat dry.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Coat a large nonstick skillet with Pam; place over med-hi heat until hot.
- 4Add yellow squash, zucchini, onion, celery, and garlic, and saute until tender-crisp.
- 6Combine vegetable mixture, breadcrumbs, egg, pecans, salt, and pepper in a med bowl; stir well.
- 7Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan that has been coated with Pam.
- 8Stuff lightly with dressing mixture.
- 9Truss chicken (or put ball of foil in opening.) Combine apple juice and honey, stirring well.
- 10Brush chicken with half of apple juice-honey mixture.
- 11Bake at 350 deg F for 1 1/2- 2 hours or until drumsticks are easy to move and juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining apple-honey muixture.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.1
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 201.2 mg
- Sodium 278.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 44.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: