Cook1 hr 30 mins
An all in one dish casserole that we love.
Make and share this Honey Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In a casserole dish combine the soup mix and water.
- Mix together well.
- Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat in the sauce.
- Arrange the vegetables in the dish and wet them all over with the sauce also.
- Drizzle the honey all over the dish.
- Bake, covered in a 160°C (320°F) oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- After the first hour of cooking remove the lid, stir and cook for the final half hour without the lid on.
- I like to serve this with steamed broccoli or peas.
This ia a very delicious recipe. i used chicken tenderloins instead of drumsticks, as I really don't care for drumsticks, It was very easy to make,very tasty and moist. Good to make when you are very busy.
I was browsing for a different chicken recipe and came across this one - delicious! I used chicken breasts instead of the drumbsticks. I quartered the potatoes and used twice as many carrots (carrots are my favorite veggie). I baked it all in a 9x13 pan covered at 350 for an hour and uncovered at 350 for an extra 10-15 minutes. The flavor of this chicken dish was very tasty!
The onion soup mix made a tasty gravy that I sopped up with some french bread, but the carrot and potato were rather plain. I couldn't taste the honey, so I'd increase that and add some herbs if I were to make this again. When cooking, I had to stir the mixture three times and I had to turn up the heat and cook covered for an additional 20 minutes on top of the hour and a half. So if you make this, cut your potatoes into 1 inch peices rather than "large" peices. And probably use a 9x13 dish, mine was tight in a 2.5 qt dish.