Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was looking through my mother's cookbooks and found this recipe, so I had to store it here to try soon. It looks sweet, delicious, and best of all, simple. It comes from Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
- 3 cups coursely shredded carrots
- 2 small sweet apples, peeled, coursely shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly oil a 1-quart baking dish or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, apples, cinnamon, honey, and orange juice. Mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Press mixture down gently with the back of a spoon.
- For topping: In a small bowl or custard cup, combine wheat germ and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over carrots. Dot with margarine.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was pretty good....I was disappointed that I couldn't taste the honey. It was nice for something different, but I don't think I'll be making it again. But thanks for sharing!
SO healthy, SO simple to make and SO incredibly delicious: I know that this is a recipe I’ll be making often. The cinnamon flavouring was superb, and all the flavours blended so well. Because I was using baby carrots, this was SO sweet that I can well imagine eating it with a dollop of Greek yoghurt as a dessert or for breakfast! It is a recipe that crosses all boundaries and hovers in a kind of culinary ‘serve for any course, for any meal’ no-man’s-land all of its own! LOVED it. And very low calorie and low fat! Any more gems in the same book, Kree? I enjoyed it for dinner with Rita L’s Mushroom Rice Recipe #142613. Thanks so much for sharing this one!