Recipe by Kree
I was looking through my mother's cookbooks and found this recipe, so I had to store it here to try soon. It looks sweet, delicious, and best of all, simple. It comes from Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
Top Review by LillyZackMom
This was pretty good....I was disappointed that I couldn't taste the honey. It was nice for something different, but I don't think I'll be making it again. But thanks for sharing!
- 3 cups coursely shredded carrots
- 2 small sweet apples, peeled, coursely shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly oil a 1-quart baking dish or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, apples, cinnamon, honey, and orange juice. Mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Press mixture down gently with the back of a spoon.
- For topping: In a small bowl or custard cup, combine wheat germ and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over carrots. Dot with margarine.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.