Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Southern Living.
- 6 large baking apples
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick (one 3-inch stick)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Core apples; peel top third of each apple.
- Put apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix together the walnuts and raisins; stuff cavities of apples with walnut-raisin mixture.
- In a saucepan, combine water, honey, and cinnamon; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Remove cinnamon stick; pour liquid over apples.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender, basting occasionally.
Yummy, warm, comfort food! Along with the walnuts and raisins I did add a pat of butter. Served these warm with sugar/cinnamon sprinkled on top.