Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Juicy, succulent and delicately spiced with Good Old-Fashioned Flavor. Recipe source "Creative Cooking made easy, The Golden Fluffo Cookbook" circa 1956. Prep time does not include time to prepare the pie crust.
- Fill a pastry lined 9" pie plate with sliced apples, pour over them the 3/4 cup honey and sprinkle with 1 Tsp.
- each cinnamon and vanilla.
- Dot with small pieces of the 2 Tbls.
- butter, cover with slashed top crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until apples are tender.
This recipe needs a thickener, like 3T of flour or 2T of cornstarch! It was more like apple pie "soup" without it.<br/><br/>The honey sweetener worked well. I added extra cinnamon and some nutmeg for more flavor.
My family and I LOVED this pie!! We are trying to stay away from sugar,so we are always in search for recipe's with honey.I wasn't expecting much when I made this,but it tasted JUST like I had used sugar!And my family knows a good pie,my Dad's a chef!!
For how simple and quick this is, this was surprisingly good. I used 4 medium and 2 large apple (but I had to cut out quite a few bad spots). I followed the recipe exactly, but my pie needed an extra 30 minutes for the crust to get brown the way I like it. Next time I am going to add some more cinnamon, otherwise this is a keeper! It taste great warm! Thanks!