Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt, apple pie spice, and baking soda.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg slightly; stir in apple juice, honey, and oil.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir until blended but still slightly lumpy.
- Onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet, pour about 1/4 cup batter.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pancakes have a bubbly surface and slightly dry edges.
- Turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until golden brown.
The kids were getting tired of the usual buttermilk pancakes so I dug this one out and gave it a shot. We really enjoyed these. The batter was a little thin so I added a bit more flour to thicken it up. Turned out beautifully. They smell great too :D! Thanks
It's New Year's Day...the cupboards are bare and the stores are all closed. But we had these ingredients, so Apple Pancakes it was! The flavor of these is great, but we found the texture to be a bit dry - not moist like in regular buttermilk pancakes. Thanks for posting!
These are very tasty pancakes. I added more apple pie spice and they turned out great.