I LOVE baking, but my problem is I make a big recipe & then I get sick of it before it is all eaten. So I bought a small-batch baking book! THe recipes are great & they make just enough for one or two to enjoy. THat way you can try lots more recipes! this is one of these great small batch recipes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cooking apples
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease two 1- to 1 1/2 cup oven proof bowls or ramikins and set them aside.
- 2Make the filling:peel apples & cut them in half. Remove the cores. Thinly slice the apples & place them in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice ^ toss to mix.
- 3Melt the butter in med. skillet over med. heat. Using a whisk, stir in the honey,flour, cinnamon, and salt, whisking until smooth. Add the apples & cook mixture over med. heat, turning the apples gently until they are just tened, 5 minute.
- 4Remove from heat & spoon mixture into prepared dishes, dividing evenly.
- 5Make the topping: Place flour & sugar in a small bowl ^ whisk to blend well. Add butter pieces & toss to coat the butter with the flour mixture. Rub the mixture with your fingertips until crumbly. Mix in oats & nuts. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the filling. Bake until topping is golden brown and the filling is hot, 20 minute
- 6Remove dishes from oven & let cool on a wire rack for 15 minute Serve crisp warm or at room temperature, with your chioce of ice cream or topping.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Apple Oatmeal Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.0
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 87.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g