Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A spicy-sweet, tasty sandwich with a surprise twist: honey mustard! I made this for my husband as a quick lunch.
- 1 rustic roll
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- 3 slices pink lady apples (thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- Slice rustic roll in half.
- Using one tablespoon of margarine, spread on each half of roll.
- Spread one tbsp of honey each half of roll.
- Using one tablespoon of honey mustard, spread on each half of roll.
- Using one tablespoon of margarine, spread on the outside of each half of roll.
- Put a slice of muenster cheese on the bottom half of roll, top with apple slices, put another slice of muenster cheese, and top with top half of the roll.
- Put sandwich in a nonstick skillet over medium/low heat. Cook for approximately 30 seconds to a minute on one side, then flip to the other side.
- The sandwich is done when the bread is browned, but not burned, and the apple/cheese is starting to caramelize.
- If you want the cheese to be more melted and the sandwich to be soft, put the sandwich on a microwaveable plate in the microwave for thirty seconds.
- Enjoy with chips and carrot sticks.
What a nice spin on grilled cheese! The apples just put it over the top for me. Next time I will be cutting them in larger slices, and possibly omitting the butter :) I served this using the quick, easy, and phenomenal Very Low-Carb Hamburger Bun!. Made for PAC Spring 2010.