Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Food Network, courtesy Sara Moulton.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 baby carrots, peeled and tops trimmed
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots to the skillet and saute until the carrots begin to brown slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Add apple juice and honey and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until carrots are tender and liquid is reduced to glaze, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
These were great! I didn't have any apple juice, so I subbed one cup of water and 1/4 cup of ice wine. DH loved them, too!
I had some julienned carrots that needed to be used up, just enough for a couple of servings, so i winged the quantities of the apple juice and honey - a brief saute in butter, a splash of juice and then a bit of honey with it - delicious and quick.
Boy life does not much easier or sweeter then these tasty little carrots. I made one very minor change instead of trimming and using real whole baby carrots used a one pound bag of those precut carrots the stores like to baby carrots. Thanks so much for the post.