Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make & delicious too. A little healthier than your typical recipe that uses white sugar. (Recipe adapted from "Out of the Sugar Rut" by Joanie Huggins.)
- 1892.72 ml sliced green apples
- 591.47 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml honey
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- Put apples in a greased/buttered shallow pan or baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix to a crumbly consistency - sprinkle crumb mix over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Delicious and healthy. Not too sweet. I used mostly royal gala apples and a little macintosh. I served it with a little cream! I would like to make this with granny smith's as called for.
the most EXCELLENT crisp recipe EVER! the right amount of crisp, the right amount of sweetness. I used about 3 different varieties of apples among my 8 apples used. I added bits of butter with the apples along with a lil pie spice before i added the topping. The honey butter and oats made a fabulous topping! Not only will I use this recipe from now on, but I will look into the book. THANKS for sharing it, you made me very happy on a cold winter's night!