Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From TexasCooking.com, sounds good.
- 4 cups peeled sliced apples (Idared, Golden Delicious, Jonathan, Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, divided, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and butter a 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apples, 1/4 cup brown sugar, lemon juice and honey. Toss to coat apple slices, and pour into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, cut the butter into the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle mixture over apples, and top with pecans.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until bubbly and brown on top. Serve warm.