1/1 Photo of Honey and Whisky Glazed Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 5 mins
Honey caramelized crispy sweet potatoes. Found at Epicurious.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light-flavored honey (I like to use local if possible)
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes or 3 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Butter 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3In small saucepan over med-high heat, combine butter, honey, whisky, and sugar. Bring to simmer, whisking until butter and sugar are melted, reduce the heat to med-low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 4In large bowl (or ziplock bag if you let the butter mix cool a bit), toss potatoes with butter mixture, salt, and pepper. Transfer to prepared dish and bake, tossing occasionally, until tender and glazed, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
- 5*Optional, add chopped nuts mixed throughout or sprinkle on top for last half of baking.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey and Whisky Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 259.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g