- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light-flavored honey (I like to use local if possible)
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes or 3 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter 2-quart casserole dish.
- In small saucepan over med-high heat, combine butter, honey, whisky, and sugar. Bring to simmer, whisking until butter and sugar are melted, reduce the heat to med-low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl (or ziplock bag if you let the butter mix cool a bit), toss potatoes with butter mixture, salt, and pepper. Transfer to prepared dish and bake, tossing occasionally, until tender and glazed, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
- *Optional, add chopped nuts mixed throughout or sprinkle on top for last half of baking.