Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Great Britian/Scotland)
Make and share this Honey and Whisky Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease two 7 inch sandwich tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl; add the orange rind.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and whisk until the mixture is pale and fluffy Sift in about half the flour and add the wiskey; fold into the mixture.
- Sift in the remaining flour and fold inches.
- Divide the mixture equally between the two tins and smooth the tops.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until light golden.
- Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing:
- Put the butter into a mixing bowl; add the honey and one tablespoon of the orange juice.
- Sift in the icing sugar slowly and work the mixture gradually until the ingredients are combined.
- Sandwich the cakes together with half of the buttercream.
- Smooth the remainder over the top of the cake and decorate with the toasted almonds.
Took this to a co-workers house for a dessert for the football game. Everyone enjoyed this cake. Added an extra teaspoon honey though. Only change made. One of the better cakes I have had in a while, as this was nice and moist and fluffy. We finished this at lunch today at work . Made for Recipe Swap #46.
This is a really tasty cake. The honey and whisky flavors are subtle, but definitely present, and it makes for a very nice, tender cake. I found the icing just a bit thin. I would probably add a little more powdered (icing) sugar next time.