1/1 Photo of Honey and Whisky Cake
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Great Britian/Scotland)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 170.09 g self-rising flour
- 170.09 g butter
- 170.09 g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs, Beaten
- 59.16 ml whiskey
- orange, zest of one small
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease two 7 inch sandwich tins.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl; add the orange rind.
- 4Beat in the eggs one at a time and whisk until the mixture is pale and fluffy Sift in about half the flour and add the wiskey; fold into the mixture.
- 5Sift in the remaining flour and fold inches.
- 6Divide the mixture equally between the two tins and smooth the tops.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes until light golden.
- 8Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- 9To make the icing:
- 10Put the butter into a mixing bowl; add the honey and one tablespoon of the orange juice.
- 11Sift in the icing sugar slowly and work the mixture gradually until the ingredients are combined.
- 12Sandwich the cakes together with half of the buttercream.
- 13Smooth the remainder over the top of the cake and decorate with the toasted almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey and Whisky Cake
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 140.2 mg
- Sodium 470.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 45.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g