Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Great Britian/Scotland)
Top Review by weekend cooker
Took this to a co-workers house for a dessert for the football game. Everyone enjoyed this cake. Added an extra teaspoon honey though. Only change made. One of the better cakes I have had in a while, as this was nice and moist and fluffy. We finished this at lunch today at work . Made for Recipe Swap #46.
- 170.09 g self-rising flour
- 170.09 g butter
- 170.09 g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs, Beaten
- 59.16 ml whiskey
- orange, zest of one small
- 170.09 g icing sugar
- 56.69 g butter
- 29.58 ml clear honey
- juice from the orange
- toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease two 7 inch sandwich tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl; add the orange rind.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and whisk until the mixture is pale and fluffy Sift in about half the flour and add the wiskey; fold into the mixture.
- Sift in the remaining flour and fold inches.
- Divide the mixture equally between the two tins and smooth the tops.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until light golden.
- Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing:
- Put the butter into a mixing bowl; add the honey and one tablespoon of the orange juice.
- Sift in the icing sugar slowly and work the mixture gradually until the ingredients are combined.
- Sandwich the cakes together with half of the buttercream.
- Smooth the remainder over the top of the cake and decorate with the toasted almonds.