Recipe by National Pork Board
Zesty pork tacos let you have more fun with flavor. Made with tender pork chops, honey and chipotle peppers, they’re so delicious and so easy to prepare.
- 1 lb boneless pork chop, cut into strips (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper*
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo**
- light sour cream or crema, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: Combine honey, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and ground chipotle pepper in medium bowl and whisk. Add sliced pork and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat skillet over high heat. Add pork and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove pork to plate and set aside.
- Arrange 8 corn tortillas on platter. Sprinkle each with equal amounts shredded lettuce and pico de gallo. Arrange a few pieces of pork on each taco and top with sour cream or crema if desired.
- *Substitute smoked or plain paprika as an alternative.
- **Prepared pico de gallo can usually be found in your grocer’s produce department.