Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Zesty pork tacos let you have more fun with flavor. Made with tender pork chops, honey and chipotle peppers, they’re so delicious and so easy to prepare.
- 1 lb boneless pork chop, cut into strips (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper*
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo**
- light sour cream or crema, to taste
- Marinade: Combine honey, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and ground chipotle pepper in medium bowl and whisk. Add sliced pork and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat skillet over high heat. Add pork and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove pork to plate and set aside.
- Arrange 8 corn tortillas on platter. Sprinkle each with equal amounts shredded lettuce and pico de gallo. Arrange a few pieces of pork on each taco and top with sour cream or crema if desired.
- *Substitute smoked or plain paprika as an alternative.
- **Prepared pico de gallo can usually be found in your grocer’s produce department.