Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was in a cooking magazine. They showed it on top of bread and a cake. It looked awesome. I have not made it myself. This was used with a Honey Pumpkin cake.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup dark honey
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine gelatin and 2 tablespoons water and let set for at least 10 minutes.
- Bring honey and sugar + 2 tablespoons water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool 3 minutes.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of honey mixture into gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- Whisk remaining honey syrup along with salt and cinnamon into this mixture.
- Strain into a medium size bowl and beat, using an electric mixer on high speed until double in volume and completely cool, about 10 minutes.
- Add butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, while continuously beating.
- Stir in vanilla and use immediately of chill.
- Rewhip before spreading on cake or bread.
I made this last year, and it is by far, my favorite frosting. My kids love it too!