This recipe was in a cooking magazine. They showed it on top of bread and a cake. It looked awesome. I have not made it myself. This was used with a Honey Pumpkin cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine gelatin and 2 tablespoons water and let set for at least 10 minutes.
- 2Bring honey and sugar + 2 tablespoons water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 3Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and let cool 3 minutes.
- 5Stir 2 tablespoons of honey mixture into gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- 6Whisk remaining honey syrup along with salt and cinnamon into this mixture.
- 7Strain into a medium size bowl and beat, using an electric mixer on high speed until double in volume and completely cool, about 10 minutes.
- 8Add butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, while continuously beating.
- 9Stir in vanilla and use immediately of chill.
- 10Rewhip before spreading on cake or bread.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey and Spice Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.5
- Calories from Fat 725
- Total Fat 80.5 g
- Saturated Fat 51.0 g
- Cholesterol 213.5 mg
- Sodium 865.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 59.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g