Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taste good with a dish of ice cream after dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 medium cooking apples, cored and sliced (Use Rome, Jonathan or Braeburn)
- In a skillet combine 1/2 cup water, sugar, honey,nutmeg and butter.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add apples and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn slices and cook just until apples are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve apples warm or at room temperature as a side dish.