1/3 Photos of Honey and Soy Sauce Marinade
2 hrs 5 mins
This is a lovely marinade for barbecued or fried chicken. I usually use it for chicken breasts cut into not too thin stripes which I cook on a table barbecue. Most raclette gadgets in Switzerland also include a barbecue facility. In the winter I like to invite people for a raclette and table barbecue evening and the marinated chicken stripes are always part of it. Everybody loves them! I found this marinade in a chicken cooking book and there they recommend it in particular for chicken thighs meat (bones removed). I'm sure it will be nice with whatever part of chicken you fancy. Just remember that the bigger the parts you want to fry/barbecue, the longer the meat should be in the marinade. You may even want to marinate your meat overnigt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 90 g honey
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sake (rice wine)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 500 g chicken meat (1 lb)
- 1Mix all ingredients for marinade.
- 2Pour marinade over chicken meat. Make sure every part of meat is covered.
- 3Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnigt.
- 4Try this: You may want to put marinade and meat into a plastic bag, tie the bag together and turn it from time to time while in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey and Soy Sauce Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 1117.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder