Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Chinese recipe that's fun and easy to make, if you've got everything ready. It's best if it's wok tossed, but if you don't have a wok handy, then a normal (large is best!) frying pan and some good ol' shoving around will do the trick! When doing the actual cooking, you may have to cook the chicken in batches (step 2 doesnt require you putting them in batches, but if you don't have a big enough bowl, then this is best). If so, just change the ingredient amount for each batch accordingly, i.e. if you are doing 2 batches, put in 1/4 cup fish sauce instead of 1/2 etc You may replace light soy sauce with dark soy sauce.
- Cut the chicken wings into three different segments: wing tips, wing, drumette.
- Combine chicken in large bowl with the garlic and ginger. Heat oil in the large frying pan/wok and stir fry the chicken mixture until chicken is browned only slightly.
- Return chicken mixture to the wok - you may put it in a new frying pan/wok or remove the excess oil from the wok before doing this - add the sauces, oil and honey (measure according to batch, i.e. if you are doing 2 batches, put in half the required amount e.g. 1/4 cup fish sauce instead of 1/2 cup fish sauce).
- Stir fry until chicken is coated.
- Cover, while stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.