Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very easy and quick...from Fresh magazine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 egg
- 25 g breadcrumbs
- 15 g sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- .Put the honey and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Add the chicken strips and mix well.
- (the recipe doesn't say to leave it to stand, but I left it about 15 mins while I prepared the rest of our meal).
- Place beaten egg in one dish and breadcrumbs mixed with sesame seeds in another.
- Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan.
- Take the strips of chicken and coat them in egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Fry for about 3 mins on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Note -- if liked you can save the soy sauce mixture and use it to stir fry some veg and noodles to go with the chicken.
- 3 May 07 - edited to say: I have just made these and baked them in the oven. They came out really well. I did them on an oiled baking tray and brushed some oil over the top as well. Baked at about 200°C Sorry, I didn't time them, but it wasn't long, so keep an eye on them.