Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Bran muffin with a difference..
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak bran, buttermilk and raisins together while preparing the rest of the batter.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the honey and egg.
- Add the bran mixture.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Bake in greased muffin cups at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until done.
Excellent, healthful, and moist! I subbed plain low fat soy milk for the buttermilk, because that is what I had. Delicious!
These muffins are delicious and very moist. The problem was they were so moist they fell apart. This was my husband's only complaint. When slightly warming to eat, it just fell apart like a cake would do.
This is the first time I have ever written a review for any recipe, but it was so good that I had too. The muffins were so moist and delicious and you don't even feel guilty for eating it. I added some oatmeal to make it even healthier and was so wonderful. Thank you Evie for sharing this recipe.