Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from 1000 Great Recipes. “This dish is popular in the United States and Australia and is ideal for an easy meal served with baked potatoes.” Posting for ZWT3.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Place the chicken, with the skins on, in a single layer in a shallow roasting dish and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and gently fry the green onions and garlic for about 2 minutes, until softened, but not browned.
- Add the honey, orange juice, orange segments and soy sauce to the pan, stirring well and cook until the honey has completely dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes, basting once or twice until the chicken is cooked.
This was EASY and my family loved it. I did add the zest of the orange while suateeing the onions and garlic. It was great. This is the first time I've used this site. I looked on here for an easy chicken recipe because I don't like chicken and my doctor told me to eat it. It was great. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!
This was so good, it was unbelievable. It was a big hit with my family. My father made a request for me to do this again next week.