Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
I made this for dinner today for the DH, DS and friends. The aroma of mixing the honey nut cereal and the garlic gave off a savory smell. DELICIOUS. My DH, says keep experiementing and reading because you have been making some wonderful dishes. Super easy recipe!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Used this instead of my usual meatloaf recipe, & I must say, this recipe makes for A GREAT MEATLOAF! I especially enjoyed the use of the feta, basil & garlic! Rather than make this in a loaf pan, formed it into a shallow dome in a 10-inch round baking dish! Will certainly keep this recipe on hand! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground veal
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey nut flake cereal (I used generic)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (or of your choosing)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄2 large vidalia onions or 1⁄2 large sweet onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl combine all ingredients and squish well.
- Form into a bread loaf pan.
- Cook in oven for 1- 1/4 hours at 350 degrees F.
- (depending on size of loaf pan and oven).
- Take out and let cool 5 minutes before slicing to allow for juices and flavors to meld.
- Slice and serve.
- **Note: I have used a blend of beef, turkey, veal, or pork to make a ground mix. I also have used just beef. Suit to your diet or tastes.