Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this for dinner today for the DH, DS and friends. The aroma of mixing the honey nut cereal and the garlic gave off a savory smell. DELICIOUS. My DH, says keep experiementing and reading because you have been making some wonderful dishes. Super easy recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground veal
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey nut flake cereal (I used generic)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (or of your choosing)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄2 large vidalia onions or 1⁄2 large sweet onion, diced
- In large bowl combine all ingredients and squish well.
- Form into a bread loaf pan.
- Cook in oven for 1- 1/4 hours at 350 degrees F.
- (depending on size of loaf pan and oven).
- Take out and let cool 5 minutes before slicing to allow for juices and flavors to meld.
- Slice and serve.
- **Note: I have used a blend of beef, turkey, veal, or pork to make a ground mix. I also have used just beef. Suit to your diet or tastes.
Used this instead of my usual meatloaf recipe, & I must say, this recipe makes for A GREAT MEATLOAF! I especially enjoyed the use of the feta, basil & garlic! Rather than make this in a loaf pan, formed it into a shallow dome in a 10-inch round baking dish! Will certainly keep this recipe on hand! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]