Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This dessert is popular in the Mediterranean especially in Spain, it's so easy to make!.. You can make this up to a week in advance, covered tighly in the freezer. Plan ahead this needs to freeze for about 4 hours or more before serving. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 large egg white
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted pistachios, chopped
- In a medium saucepan stir together honey, sugar and 1/4 cup water over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat and boil WITHOUT stirring for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile using an electric mixer beat egg white with a pinch of salt in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually pour the hot syrup over egg white beating constantly; continue beating until the egg white is very stiff (about 4-5 minutes) let stand about 10-15 minutes until cool.
- In a large bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in honey meringue mixture.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Spoon the misture into a 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
- Cover and freeze until firm (about 4-5 hours).
- Spoon into bowls and serve.