Recipe by English_Rose
This is an easy way to serve a midweek roast for two. Pork fillet is the perfect cut - it is lean and tender and cooks quickly.
- 9 ounces new potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 pork fillet, about 1lb
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain thoroughly. Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil, mustard, honey and garlic and season.
- Place the pork in a small roasting tin and arrange the potatoes around it. Spoon or brush the mustard mixture over the pork and scatter the sage over.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, until the pork is thoroughly cooked and there is no pink meat, and the potatoes are golden and tender.
- Remove the pork to a carving board and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add 1-2 tablespoons boiling water to the roasting juices in the tin and stir to incorporate, then bring back to the boil.
- Slice the pork and serve with the sauce, the potatoes and some steamed baby carrots.