Recipe by mommyoffour
This uses a whole chicken. I'm sure you could make cut chicken too but we just to the original way. The honey and mustard are delicious.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking.
- Remove giblets from chicken cavity; reserve for another use or discard.
- Rinse chicken with cold water; at dry with paper towels.
- Pull skin over neck; secure with metal skewer.
- Tuck wings under back; tie legs together with wet string.
- Lightly brush chicken with oil.
- Combine honey, mustard, soy sauce, ginger, pepper and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on grid directly over drip pan.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 1 hour 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180 when tested with meat thermometer insertedinto thickest part of thigh, not touching bone.
- Brush with honey mixture every 10 minutes during last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; cover with foil.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Internal temperature will continue to rise 5 degrees or so during stand time.