Recipe by Cookingupastorm
A fantastic tasting meal, and so easy to prepare. I allow 1 rack of 4 cutlets per person. The ingredients are enough for probably 3 racks. I serve it with a potato bake and salad in summer or steamed veges in winter.
- 2 racks of lamb, with 4 cutlets
for the marinade
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper
for the glaze
- 1⁄4 cup dark honey
- 1 lemon, juice of (3 good squeezes)
- fennel seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients and add lamb. Marinade for 2 hours.
- Drain lamb and score fat with diamond pattern.
- Place on a cake rack inside a baking dish, this stops the racks from sitting in fat.
- Warm the honey and lemon juice together.
- Brush onto lamb fat and sprinkle with fennel seeds.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes or as required, basting regularly with the remaining honey and lemon mixture.