Recipe by Debbie C.
This recipe is delicious. I love it because it uses carob instead of chocolate. Carob is similiar to cocoa, except it requires about half the sugar to get it to be sweet like chocolate. It was sent to me by Holy Food Imports (www.holyfoodimports.com) which is my favorite food company, after purchasing their products, with permission to share!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey and carob spread, from www.holyfoodimports.com
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Blend together melted butter, honey & carob spread in a bowl. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add a sifted mixture of whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour into a greased 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.