Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one of the quick and delicious meals I would rather make than buy expensive take aways. We reduced the amount of pepper from the original recipe, so feel free to add more if YOU wish.
- 40 ml oil
- 500 g round steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced into wedges
- 300 g sugar snap peas
- 40 ml honey
- 40 ml soy sauce
- 40 ml oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper (the original recipe called for 3 but we found it too peppery)
- Heat a wok until very hot, then add half the oil, swirling to coat.
- Fry the beef in batches for about 3 minutes each batch or until browned.
- Reheat the wok, and add the rest of the oil, and stir fry the onion and peas until softened.
- Add the honey, sauces and pepper, bring to the boil and simmer for about 3 minutes to reduce and thicken a little.
- Return the meat and vegetables to the wok, and toss for about 3 minutes to heat and combine.
- Serve at once over rice.
Oh boy! What can I say but try this! I used rump steak and followed the directions as written. Hubby is not that keen on rice but when I asked what he thought, his exact words were B****Y fantastic! A new favourite, thanks Jan! =)
Very easy and tasted great! 40 ml is approx. 3 tbsp.
Just cooked this in my apartment. Didn't have a wok but that didn't matter. Pees are not my forte so I subbed them for red pepper and it is amazing. I also added a clove of garlic why stir frying the veggies. 5 stars for this recipe, it is nothing short of fantastic!