Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful side dish!
Top Review by KendraleighB
I never ate parsnips before, but my CSA handed me 4 lbs this week. Made this recipe for dinner tonight with pork chops and Waldorf Salad. I i did use only half the butter, and that worked just fine. This recipe meets all my criteria....easy, healthy and delicious--and no question I will be making it again.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and corasley chopped into about 2-inch pieces
- 2 lbs parsnips, peeled and coarsley chopped in about 2-inch squares
- 6 -7 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the veggies in a large glass bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper; toss well to combine.
- Spread the veggies on a baking sheet.
- Bake the veggies for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and toss the veggies, then return to oven for about 15 minutes longer or until tender.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, then stir/whisk in honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle the honey glaze over the veggies.