Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful side dish!
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and corasley chopped into about 2-inch pieces
- 2 lbs parsnips, peeled and coarsley chopped in about 2-inch squares
- 6 -7 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the veggies in a large glass bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper; toss well to combine.
- Spread the veggies on a baking sheet.
- Bake the veggies for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and toss the veggies, then return to oven for about 15 minutes longer or until tender.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, then stir/whisk in honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle the honey glaze over the veggies.
I never ate parsnips before, but my CSA handed me 4 lbs this week. Made this recipe for dinner tonight with pork chops and Waldorf Salad. I i did use only half the butter, and that worked just fine. This recipe meets all my criteria....easy, healthy and delicious--and no question I will be making it again.
This was my second time cooking with parsnips (Zaar is great to try out new foods!!) and my first time roasting carrots! This was DELICIOUS!! The glaze was perfect - added just a touch of sweetness! Thanks Kit!
Love this recipe. Once again, Kittencal has blessed our table with a wonderful recipe. This turned out so good. I made it exactly the way the recipe instructed and it was perfect. I think this recipe could be used on a lot of different veggie combos and it would turn out great. The honey, butter and balsamic vinegar combination is what m<br/>akes this such a stand out!!! Thank you Kitten!!!!